World Bank provides over 33% of all international loans in Armenia's construction sector Yerevan , January 31 . ArmInfo. Erik Abrahamyan . In 2013 the World Bank lent Armenia's construction sector almost 11.4bln AMD ( $27.8mln ). This is over 33% of all international loans given to the sector last year ( $34.2bln AMD or $83.4mln ). As compared with 2012 the WB's lending dropped by 30.3%. The National Statistical Service of Armenia reports that the Asian Development Bank lend 11.4bln AMD (2.7% of all loans and 5.8 times more than in 2012), the EBRD 2.5bln AMD (0.6% of all loans and 48.9% less than in 2012), KfW 6.7bln AMD (1.5% of all loans and 37.3% less than in 2012). A total of 442.2bln AMD or $1.1bln was invested in construction in Armenia in 2013 (8.1% less than in 2012). In 2013 the government budgeted to the construction sector 67.5bln AMD (7.8% less than in 2012), organizations invested 188.4bln AMD (21.4% less than in 2012), the population spent 130.9bln AMD (31.9% more than in 2012), Hayastan All-Armenian Fund provided 643mln AMD (0.6% less than in 2012).
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy