Jan. 30 -- Wells Fargo will open its new downtown Tacoma branch office on March 24 , the bank said Thursday. The 1,600-square-foot store at 1001 Pacific Ave. will have five teller windows, a street-level ATM, night drop and a historic mural highlighting the neighborhood's history, according to a news release. The move, first reported by the Tacoma Daily Index, will involve 10 employees. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. , Monday through Friday. The new store will be larger than its current one at 1201 Pacific Ave. , on the mezzanine level of Wells Fargo Plaza . Bank officials say the new street-level store also will be more convenient for customers. The affect of the new branch is really an expansion of the bank's operations downtown. The bank will continue to occupy the mezzanine lobby space "in some capacity," spokeswoman Lara Underhill said in an email. Wells Fargo has several different business lines with offices throughout Wells Fargo Plaza , including Wells Fargo Private Bank , Wells Fargo Business Banking and Wells Fargo Regional Commercial Banking. Wells Fargo also will keep an ATM in the lobby of the tower. The Tacoma move is one of seven new Wells Fargo regional locations that have opened, or will open, by first quarter 2014, the bank said. ___ (c)2014 The News Tribune (Tacoma, Wash.) Visit The News Tribune (Tacoma, Wash.) at www.TheNewsTribune.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial