Notice Type: Special Notice
Subject: USNDC Industry Day
Classification Code: B - Special studies and analysis - not R&D
Solicitation Number: FA7022-14-R-USNDC
This is NOT a Request for Proposals. NO SOLICITATION DOCUMENTS EXIST AT THIS TIME. The government will not assume any liability for any contractor expenses for responding to this notice.
The Air Force Technical Applications Center is the sole DoD agency operating and maintaining a global network of nuclear event detection sensors entitled the U.S. Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS). Once USAEDS detects an event underground, underwater, in the atmosphere, or in space, AFTAC analysts review the event for nuclear identification and report their findings to national decision-makers through
The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of USAEDS operated by AFTAC. AFTAC's mission requires the US NDC to detect, locate and identify foreign nuclear tests and provide rapid reporting and technical assessment to the appropriate national security agencies and policy makers. The US NDC processes, integrates and disseminates data and information up to and including the
The services to be acquired for the US NDC OSS effort are primarily concerned with
1) Sustaining software and hardware architecture to include complete configuration management, which will provide the platform for future system growth and enhancements. The functionality shall maintain and enhance existing data acquisition, detection, association, location, magnitude/yield estimation, event identification, event reporting, data distribution, and data archiving capabilities to meet current and future treaty monitoring needs.
2) Performing integration of 3rd party efforts from
3) Performing integration of hardware, COTS/GOTS software and calibration information, and contractor-developed software into the US NDC system. In order to separate the US NDC mission from the risk of contract gaps, AFTAC has established a US NDC technical team. For most tasks, the contractor works as an integrated part of the US NDC technical team.
4) Providing 24x7 on call support to insure 99% operational availability rate.
5) Participating as a key member of the US NDC Change Management Board (CMB) to insure the US NDC will continue to meet the operational availability requirements. The CMB oversees the US NDC Change Request (CR) process and prioritizes O&M work which includes but is not limited to software bug fixes and minor enhancements, adding new stations to data acquisition and both station and network processing.
6) Conducting engineering/scientific studies to help optimize/tune detection, association, location, magnitude/yield estimation and event classification to meet current and future treaty monitoring needs.
7) Conducting engineering and IT infrastructure studies (e.g., hardware, software, databases) to help improve overall system performance and help reduce maintenance costs and man power needs.
8) Ensuring all applicable upgrades to the US NDC shall also be made to the training system at Goodfellow AFB, TX (GAFB TX) and to the Alt US NDC at Lackland AFB, TX (LAFB TX).
These efforts require expertise with the following hardware, software and software languages:
Please see the attached DRAFT Performance Work Statement (PWS) for further information.
Any information provided or discussed by attendees must not be company proprietary or business sensitive information. Any information or ideas shared during this program brief may be used to develop the US NDC technical and acquisition documents.
E-mail reservations will be taken for a maximum of three (3) people per company on a first-come, first-served basis. Send your reservation to Contract Specialist Ms.
Your reservation must specify your collateral security clearance category, and whether or not you have access to a military installation, i.e. valid military I.D. If you do not have access to a military installation, provide your driver's license number, issuing state and your full social security number.
Due to the security level of this event, NO electronic devices are allowed in the building. Please secure your cellular phones, laptop computers, tablets, or any other electronic device in your vehicle. In addition, you will be not allowed to take notes, and the PowerPoint presentation will NOT be available after the meeting.
A FINAL SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT.
Please send clearances via JPAS to Security Management Code (SMO): PF2LFFHP6 or unclassified fax: (321) 494-2274. The preferred method of sending clearances is via JPAS. Please identify Mr.
If there are any clearance questions, please contact Mr.
AUTHORITY FOR MAINTENANCE OF THE SYSTEM: 5 U.S.C. 301 Departmental Regulations; 10 U.S.C. 113 Secretary of Defense, Note at Pub.L. 106-65; 10 U.S.C. 136, Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness; 18 U.S.C. 1029 , Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices; 18 U.S.C. 1030 Fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 40
PURPOSE(S) The records are maintained to support DoD physical security and information assurance programs and are used for identity verification purposes, to record personal property registered with the Department, and for producing facility management reports.
ROUTINE USES The DoD "Blanket Routine Uses" set forth at the beginning of the OSD compilation of systems of records notices apply to this system."
DISCLOSURE: Voluntary, however, failure to provide the requested information may result in denial of a badge or visit pass and denial of entry to 45 SW property.
You will have to adhere to all directives pertaining to operating a vehicle on
BASE DIRECTIVES (OVERVIEW):
No cell phone usage while driving (unless 100% hands free) No weapons or illegal contraband Must wear seatbelt at all times. Must possess valid registration and insurance for all vehicles entering installation. While on
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions