SHENZHEN , January 30 , SinoCast -- Shenzhen City's insurance sector recorded original premium revenue of CNY 46.876 billion in 2013, growing 16.82% over a year earlier, according to the city insurance regulator. Life insurance companies' insurance premium witnessed a year-on-year growth of 19.73%. Non-auto insurance accounted for 32.96% of the city's property insurance market and new install payment insurance accounted for 38.60% of the life insurance market, both higher than the national average. Total claims paid hit CNY 12.519 billion , growing 16.23% over a year earlier; export credit insurance premium hit CNY 856 million , growing 12.58% over a year earlier. By the end of 2013, the number of legal person insurance companies hit 17 in the city and the number of various types of operating bodies hit 69; insurance companies' total assets hit CNY 1.9 trillion .
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law