Shareholders were told that the Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba had a great year in 2013, as the Provincial Ex held its annual shareholder's meeting on Tuesday. The meeting featured reports from all event chairs, as well as audited financial statements, and a final report from the current CEO and general manager, Karen Oliver . "2013 was a really strong year for the Provincial Exhibition," Oliver said. "The revenue from our major events reached an all-time record and our Summer Fair in particular has shown incredible capacity for growth. It's really satisfying for me to leave the organization at a time when we are in a strong fiscal position. I'm confident that Rob (O'Connor) will only build on our success." The meeting also included elections to the Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba board of directors. This year there were 17 director terms available and newly elected to the board were Pat Bowslaugh , Nicki Hack , Dayle Hughson , Dan Karashowsky , Dallas Johnston , and Keith Williams . Wayne Buhr , Darrell Hack , Ron Kristjansson , John Macialek , Susan McMillan , Ellen Murray , Shirley Neudorf , Heather Perkins , Albert Rimke , Gary Schott , and Dennis Yanchycki were all re-elected. The Provincial Ex also announced the winner of the annual Figol Volunteer Award, which is awarded annually in memory of Jim Figol , to a volunteer or director of the Exhibition, who helps to promote the organization. The recipient is an individual who commits his or herself to more than one function of the Exhibition, preferably all functions. This year's recipient, Marion McLeod , began her directorship with the Winter Fair Baby Animal Fair, chairing the committee for 7 years. In 1988, she followed her father, George Macarthur's footsteps into the main arena as ringmaster for the Hackney and Draft Horse classes. As well, she co-ordinates the Quarter Horse Show at the Manitoba Summer Fair and is part of the organizing committee for Horse 3. Her experience, knowledge and dedication to all horse disciplines are a valuable resource for the Exhibition. McLeod appeared touched to receive the award and noted that her father was the first recipient of the Figol Volunteer Award in 1991.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?