Previously, studies have showed that the viable option for future human expeditions to Mars - as well as Mars sample return missions - require "in-situ resource utilization," or IRSU, to cut the costs of launching everything from Earth.
The first in-space ISRU test has been targeted for 2018.
A second ISRU experiment is set to take place aboard
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March