CALGARY _ Imperial Oil Ltd. (TSX:IMO) reports it had $1.056 billion of net income in the fourth quarter, down slightly from a year earlier. The profit amounted to $1.24 per share, down two cents per share from a year earlier but well above analyst estimates. Analysts had been looking for Imperial to report 92 cents per share of adjusted earnings and 89 cents per share under standard accounting. Imperial's total revenue and other income rose to $8.3 billion in the three months ended Dec. 31 , up from $7.8 billion in the fourth quarter of 2012 when it had $1.076 billion of net income or $1.26 per share.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.