BEIJING , January 30 , SinoCast -- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (SHSE: 601398) intended to acquire 60% of the issued shares of Standard Bank Plc at about USD 770 million . ICBC will the stake from SBLH for cash. The target bank is incorporated according to the law of the UK and obtained a banking license in 1992. It has active global markets business, a better understanding of emerging markets, and extensive experiences in commodity trading and providing global market solutions. Pursuant to the share purchase agreement, the target bank will split off business with no relation with the global markets business before the transaction to become a bank specializing in the global markets business. In addition, ICBC also owns a five-year option to acquire additional 20% issued shares of the target bank two years after this transaction.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?