The Administration and Finance Department in the Administration of Gash-Barka region has called for more cautious and rigorous handling of financial transactions and documents on the part of Accounting personnel as well as cashiers in all administrative offices. It made the call at a meeting conducted with a view to introducing more sound accounts and transaction handling approach. Mr. Andemariam Gebremedhin , Head of the department, called on the meeting participants to put up further efforts towards raising the revenue of the Administrations, and thereby giving added impetus to rural development. Likewise, Mr. Kokob Afena and Mr. Kiflezgi Sielai, Finance Head and Internal Auditor in the branch office respectively, gave briefings on various issues of financial management, including the handling of invoices, store and personnel management, coding, as well as forgery of receipts and other financial documents, among others. Also speaking at the meeting, the Administrator of Gash-Barka region, Mr. Mohammed Hamd , called on the accounting personnel in the region to strive for the realization of the cherished goals, and disclosed that the Administration would organize various training courses so as to upgrade their professional competency. The participants of the meeting expressed satisfaction with the manner the meeting examined the shortcomings of previous work system.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law