Talking Points: ** The markets have avoided Emerging Market concern from escalating into panic...for now ** Interest rate expectations are evolving for the dollar, euro , pound , etc and its changing trends ** Through the risk and monetary policy tide changes, the US Dollar is showing unique strength What kind of Trading best suits you? Technical or Fundamental? Short-term or Long-term? Take our Trader Survey and find out. The imminent threat of a market-wide risk collapse has eased from the beginning of the week, but a real rebound in sentiment is notably absent. Major risk benchmarks like the S&P 500 and yen crosses remain anchored to heavy technical floors, while divergent monetary policy biases are shaping trends for the FX market's more active movers. At the crossroads of these two themes seems to be the US Dollar. An advance with 'risk on', rising yields, rate forecasts and the lingering potential for a safe haven swell - presents a uniquely robust fundamental bearing. We discuss the themes, dollar and other interest trade opportunities in today's Trading Video.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'