Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The relationship between hillock size (height and width) and ion's energy (including potential energy and kinetic energy) shows the same trend with the total electron yield which increases with potential energy and is independent on incident kinetic energy."
For more information on this research see: Electron emission and surface etching by slow and medium highly charged ions on HOPG surface. Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research Section B-Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2013;317():33-36. Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research Section B-Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'