"Ahmedabad: Recently, a garment manufacturer in
As per the new US law, Unfair Competition Act, if an exporter is found using pirated software there are high possibilities the company may face a ban for lifetime. In the wake of this law, the dependence on genuine software and hardware has increased among the Indianmanufacturers and exporters.
The commercial value of unlicensed software is estimated to be around
Hence, it is an opportunity for Indian exporters, particularly in automotive sector. "Given the dependence of automotive manufacturing sector on IT systems, use of genuine software and hardware will become a critical factor to be in a competitive market.
As the piracy rate of software in
If caught by the US, penalty is not the only worrying factor, he said. "The most concerned factor for exporters is that he or she will be banned from doing business in US. This will be a big loss," he said.
BSA, the software alliance organisation, said that piracy in
"At present, the pirated software has a share of 63% in
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation