"Ahmedabad: Recently, a garment manufacturer in
As per the new US law, Unfair Competition Act, if an exporter is found using pirated software there are high possibilities the company may face a ban for lifetime. In the wake of this law, the dependence on genuine software and hardware has increased among the Indianmanufacturers and exporters.
The commercial value of unlicensed software is estimated to be around
Hence, it is an opportunity for Indian exporters, particularly in automotive sector. "Given the dependence of automotive manufacturing sector on IT systems, use of genuine software and hardware will become a critical factor to be in a competitive market.
As the piracy rate of software in
If caught by the US, penalty is not the only worrying factor, he said. "The most concerned factor for exporters is that he or she will be banned from doing business in US. This will be a big loss," he said.
BSA, the software alliance organisation, said that piracy in
"At present, the pirated software has a share of 63% in
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip