Global satellite (VSAT) and terrestrial connectivity provider
“We are excited to have such robust mobility services available, which have proven excellent on board these trains,” said
In order to provide reliable service, the SatLink® VSATs work with the corresponding features implemented in SatLink® Hubs which allow for mobility at very high speeds (up to 350 kilometers per hour) and in constant motion in all directions. With this technology, passengers can enjoy:
• Broadband IP connectivity for public Internet access and VPNs
• VoIP (Voice over IP) in remote areas
• Content distribution and digital signage
The SatLink® 2900 & 2910 Mobile VSATs provide the advanced capabilities required for land, sea, and aerospace deployments, including global roaming with access to 10 different beams for continuous two-way satellite communications. Parameters for up to 20 Forward Links can be stored, enabling seamless transitions between beams. The VSAT's software is specially adapted for harsh environments and the constant roll and pitch of the seas, making it less susceptible to outages, and the unit is equipped with a GPS interface for fast, automatic logon and synchronization.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/EMC_VSAT/Mobility/prweb11537438.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO