Homeowners may be able to borrow money to fund essential repairs to their properties through a B&NES Council -subsidised loan scheme. The loans - offered from Pounds 500 to Pounds 15,000 - could cover anything from a replacement boiler, mending a leaking roof, solving a damp issue, replacing faulty electrics or plumbing, or simply making stairs and pathways to a home safe. To be eligible you must be on a low income and either over 60, have a disability or a long-term limiting illness or have a child under 16. To find out more call 01225 396444.
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?