The March contract jumped by the R80 daily limit, or 2.6 percent, to R3 193 a ton by the close on the SA Futures Exchange in Johannesburg . That was the biggest one-day gain for the contract since January 2 . The yellow variety for July delivery gained 0.3 percent to R2 280 a ton. Wheat for delivery in March gained 0.2 percent to R3 829 a ton. Soya beans for delivery in May increased 1.1 percent to R5 955 a ton. - Bloomberg The Mercury
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List