Khushhalibank, one of the country’s leading microfinance institutions, has introduced ”Sarsabz Karobar“, an agriculture based product which is a joint venture between Khushhalibank and its value chain partner Connecting Agro Value Chain Private LTD-CAVC. The product was officially introduced to the masses by Ghalib Nishtar, President Khushhalibank at Swabi, says a statement of the bank issued here. The Agro offering is designed to address the needs of certified growers by catering to their financing and placement needs. Addressing the occasion, Ghalib Nishtar said ”Swabi is known as one of the best tobacco producing areas in the world and we want to provide local growers an alternative to producing and selling tobacco so as to introduce variety and optimization of land. Alternatives and choices create options for growers to earn a stable income and bolster the economy on the whole. Producing potatoes is one such option and we intend on not only supporting individuals financially but also through ensuring easy market access to and good price for their product.“ Asim Mushtaq Director of CAVC also addressed the gathering and highlighted the importance of Sarsabz Karobar for the local farmers. He also appreciated the role of Khushhalibank in launching the product that bodes well in terms of bringing prosperity to the region. The event was followed by prize distribution ceremony in which Ghalib Nishtar give awards to the farmers with highest yield. The Khushhalibank was founded in the year 2000, Khushhalibank Limited was a part of the Government’s Poverty Reduction Strategy and its Microfinance Sector Development Program (MSDP). The MSDP was developed with the facilitation of Asian Development Bank (ADB). With its headquarters based in Islamabad , Khushhalibank operates under the supervision of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) with a consortium of local and International Investors as its shareholders. The mandate remains to retail microfinance services and to act as a catalyst in stabilizing the country’s microfinance sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder