Ricky Martin's publicist has confirmed the U.S. pop star and his longtime partner, Carlos Gonzalez, have ended their four-year romance.
"Ricky and Carlos have mutually agreed to end their relationship but continue to be united by friendship and their shared experiences," Martin's representative told People.com in a statement Thursday.
The celebrity news website cited an unnamed source as saying in November distance and busy schedules were threatening Martin's and Gonzalez's relationship.
"They've spent very little time together and have grown apart," the insider told People.com. "They've been on the outs for a while now."
Martin has twin 5-year-old sons, who were born via surrogate.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Ricky Martin and Carlos Gonzalez end 4-year romance
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Democrats' Control of Senate Could Depend on Women