Not much has been confirmed about the Ricky Martin-Jennifer Lopez duet, other than it is expected to be released this year, right before the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
He exclusively told Latina.com about the Latino power collabo during his stint at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico last month. The song also will include Puerto Rican performer Wisin, who recently released a bilingual version of the Coca-Cola 2014 World Cup anthem, "La Cope De Todos" (Listen Below), with David Correy and Paty Cantú.
But back to Ricky and JLo. Here's what Ricky told Latina.com: "I'm releasing a song with Jennifer Lopez and Wisin now. Right before the World Cup, we're doing a little TV special on it. We'll be doing a reality thing where we go into the studio, we record, we write the song, we go to the country of the person who has started writing the [World Cup] song and we take them to Brazil. It's a whole production."
Heavily involved in the World Cup, Ricky also will sing the official song to be featured at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Songwriters around the world were invited to submit a song that will ultimately be chosen by Ricky, Sony Music and FIFA.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids