New Hampshire finished the year with 3,122 bankruptcy filings, a fifth fewer than in 2013 and the lowest number since 2007. There were nine business-related filings in December 2013 – six were filed as actual businesses while the rest were individuals with business-related debts. In November, there were 14 business-related filings. In total, some 206 households and businesses filed in December, the lowest monthly total of the year – 21 fewer than filed in November and 40 fewer than were filed in December 2012 . It's the lowest December total since 2006 – the first year after the bankruptcy law toughened up. Here are the business-related filings (two individual filings have not been included because the business that created the debt has not yet been identified in the filing.): • Carney Medical Supply Co. Inc. , Rochester , filed Dec. 10 , Chapter 7. Assets: $63,530 . Liabilities: $338,861 . • Plymouth House of Pizza and Restaurant Inc. , Plymouth, filed Dec. 12 , Chapter 11. Assets and Liabilities: Less than $50,000 . • Owen's Marine Inc. , Hooksett , filed Dec. 13 , Chapter 11. Assets: $100,000 to $500,000 . Liabilities: $500,000 to $1 million . • Namber LLC (affiliate of Owen's Marine Inc. ), Hooksett , filed Dec. 13 , Chapter 11. Assets and liabilities: $500,000 to $1 million . • Mikri LLC ., Alton , filed Dec. 16 , Chapter 7. Assets: $603 . Liabilities: $487,555 . • Upper Valley Commercial Corp. , North Haverhill , filed Dec. 31 , Chapter 11. Assets: $12.4 million . Liabilities: $11.6 million . • CPI Printing Service, Peterborough , filed Dec. 31 , Chapter 7, Assets: $0 . Liabilities: $85,215 (filed as individual).
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline