Mariah Carey spent New Year's Eve singing at a party hosted by the Sultan of Brunei at London's Dorchester Hotel.
The 43-year-old singer seemed clueless as to her host Hassanal Bolkiah's background, while she performed in a low-cut, sparkly gown, Radar Online reported.
Bolkiah has been an absolute ruler since 1967 and amended the country's constitution to make himself infallible in 2006.
The Grammy winning singer had recently come under fire for charging $1 million for performing for the controversial President of Angola Jose Eduardo dos Santos and his family.
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Mariah Carey performs for Sultan of Brunei on New Year's Eve
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death