Mariah Carey spent New Year's Eve singing at a party hosted by the Sultan of Brunei at London's Dorchester Hotel.
The 43-year-old singer seemed clueless as to her host Hassanal Bolkiah's background, while she performed in a low-cut, sparkly gown, Radar Online reported.
Bolkiah has been an absolute ruler since 1967 and amended the country's constitution to make himself infallible in 2006.
The Grammy winning singer had recently come under fire for charging $1 million for performing for the controversial President of Angola Jose Eduardo dos Santos and his family.
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Mariah Carey performs for Sultan of Brunei on New Year's Eve
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen