Mariah Carey spent New Year's Eve singing at a party hosted by the Sultan of Brunei at London's Dorchester Hotel.
The 43-year-old singer seemed clueless as to her host Hassanal Bolkiah's background, while she performed in a low-cut, sparkly gown, Radar Online reported.
Bolkiah has been an absolute ruler since 1967 and amended the country's constitution to make himself infallible in 2006.
The Grammy winning singer had recently come under fire for charging $1 million for performing for the controversial President of Angola Jose Eduardo dos Santos and his family.
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Mariah Carey performs for Sultan of Brunei on New Year's Eve
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark