US Small Business Administration New York District Office Director J. Adalberto Quijada , to Attend As Guest of Honor VEDC: What: VEDC ( Valley Economic Development Center ), a nationally expanding non-profit lender to small businesses, in partnership with UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs, is hosting an open house at the mid-town Manhattan office of its new Tri-State Opportunity Fund (TBOF) on January 30 . TBOF was established with a $20 million commitment from the UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs initiative, to provide loans of $50,000 to $500,000 to qualified small business owners in New York , New Jersey and Connecticut . The loans are available to small businesses that do not qualify for a traditional small business bank loan due to an insufficient credit score, historical cash flows or collateral. VEDCís mission is to help create jobs and promote economic development. It emphasizes women- and minority-owned businesses, as well as those located in low- to moderate-income communities. Open house guests can enjoy networking, appetizers and refreshments. Highlights of the evening to include: Introduction to UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs program Overview of Tri-State Business Opportunity Fund Meet and greet with: J. Adalberto Quijada , A/District Director, US Small Business Administration , New York District Office Roberto Barragan , VEDC President Jamie Spears , head strategic partnerships and programs, community affairs and corporate responsibility, UBS Americas Megan Mitchell , program manager, Elevating Entrepreneurs, UBS Americas When: Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET ; Welcome and Program to begin at 5:30 pm Where: 237 Park Ave. , 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017 ( Building Entrance is on 46th St. near Lexington Ave. ) Check-in at Security Desk--ID required To attend, please RSVP before 3:00 pm January 29, 2014 at (212) 231-4313 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, visit www.vedc.org . Allison+Partners Casey Niepokoj , 312-635-8204 Casey.Niepokoj@allisonpr.com or VEDC Lisa Winkle , 818-907-9977 x231 email@example.com Source: VEDC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?