The Dubai Expo 2020 event will require AED39.23bn of investment to develop all of the required facilities and host the event, according to Helal Saeed Al-Marri , Director General at Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), adding that there is a significant opportunity for foreign direct investment (FDI) from the event. Significant amount of the funding will come from the government, but there was also an opportunity for the private sector to invest during the build up to Expo 2020 and during the event itself. He pointed out that development is expected to pick up pace beginning next year and preparation for the event involved two main areas, development of the actual expo site and the development of the city.Dubai Municipality will be allocating about AED2bn ( USD544mn ) every year for smaller works, such as parks and the revival of traditional developments, as the emirates races to finish off all the projects ahead of Expo 2020, according to Mubasher Trade and Research.; All Rights Reserved - Mubasher Info
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?