Turkish power company Ayen Enerji informed in a filing with the Bourse Istanbul that its 82% Albania -based subsidiary Ayen AS Energji SHA will obtain a EUR 128mn loan from one of Turkey's largest private lenders Is Bankasi and to put up Ayen AS Energji's shares as collateral for the loan. In June, the Albanian government said in a statement that Ayen Enerji, part of Aydiner Group , launched a project for the construction of five hydropower plants on the Fan River in northern Albania . The project also envisaged building of 84 high dam and a 32km tunnel, which will connect the two source rivers: the Great Fan and the Little Fan. The power plants would have a total installed capacity of 111 MW, an annual output corresponding to 7% of Albania's domestic demand. Aydiner's investment was estimated at EUR 146mn and it was expected to create some 950 new jobs.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence