The connection of the new HMC 6 (Hybrid Motor Cable with 6 litz wires for measuring) single-cable to the motor is done with a special connector. For connection to the inverter, the cable is split into power connections and an encoder connector. This makes it compatible on the control side with all the same components as conventional cables.
The HMC 6 single-cable solution has been specially conceived for the HEIDENHAIN encoders with EnDat 2.2 interface with purely serial transmission; however, all other encoders with purely serial RS-485 interface can also be connected. This includes motor encoders for servo drives in the various sizes just as for linear and angle encoders used in direct drives. And of course it also includes encoders for Functional Safety up to SIL 3.
The HMC 6 single-cable solution offers a series of cost and quality improvements, both for the motor manufacturer and the machine tool builder:
· No need to replace existing interfaces. · Allows smaller drag chains. · A smaller number of cables significantly improves drag chain flexibility. · Reduces mechanical requirements (flange socket on the motor, cable ducts in the machine housing). · Lower shipping and storage costs on cable and connector. · Installation is simpler and faster. · Lower cost of documentation. · Fewer service components are required. · The contour including the cable is smaller, making it easier to integrate the motor in the machine housing.
The HMC 6 project offers cable lengths of up to 100 m, with a clock frequency up to 8 MHz, and is useful with motor power wires up to 1.5 mm² (ampacity of ˜ 14 A; 4 mm² in development ˜ 26 A). For more information, contact North American HEIDENHAIN PR Manager
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
http://news.cision.com/heidenhain-corporation/i/hmc-6-with-callouts,c1429105 HMC 6 with callouts
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study