A model holds Samsung’s first ‘curved’ smartphone Galaxy Round, a 5.7-inch handset with a display that is slightly rounded on both sides, at the Electronics and IT Industry Fair in
Samsung took 29.6% of the global smartphone market in the fourth quarter, ahead of
"There is clearly now more competition coming from the second-tier smartphone brands.
For the entire 2013, global smartphone shipments grew 41% to reach a record 990 million. Samsung sold 319.8 million units to take 32.2%, up from 30.4% in 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Tesla Expanding Its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter