TORONTO _ Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY) says it has agreed to sell two Jamaican subsidiaries for an undisclosed amount to Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd. The Canadian banking giant says Sagicor has an established financial business in Jamaica that has a size and complementary capabilities that RBC Jamaica doesn't possess. Although RBC said it wasn't releasing details of the transaction with Sagicor, it announced it will book an estimated $60 million loss on the 2008 acquisition of one of the two subsidiaries, RBTT Securities Jamaica Ltd.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years