U.S. media mogul Oprah Winfrey has called off plans for a huge bash to celebrate her upcoming 60th birthday, E! News reported.
The "guest list was getting out of control so she decided to cancel," a source said.
However, Winfrey and about 50 friends marked the occasion in a low-key fashion last Friday by taking a spinning class at SoulCycle in West Hollywood.
"I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCycle," Winfrey said in a video she posted on her Instagram account after the class.
E! News said all the guests in the class wore blue shirts with "Happy Birthday Oprah" written in big green letters, while instructor Angela Davis included many of Winfrey's favorite songs during the 45-minute workout.
Winfrey will turn 60 Wednesday.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Oprah Winfrey cancels lavish 60th birthday party
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?