Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com praised Precision Tiering for enabling automated policy-driven data migration, manual user-driven movement or a combination of both, and features such as event-based tiering, any source to any destination migration (CIFS or NFS), damaged metadata correction and split data migrations to separate locations.
Enterprises use Precision Tiering to reduce costs, address compliance issues, and categorize files, properly managing them, and moving the right data to the most appropriate storage tier. While most archival solutions require expensive, repeated scans of the entire file system, Precision Tiering offers real-time event- and policy-driven management as alternatives. Precision Tiering further distinguishes itself by capturing all aspects of the files it manages, including provenance, alternate streams, enhanced metadata, and security information. This means that files tiered with Precision Tiering remain secure and can be accessed independent of the state of their original hosts or even if those systems no longer exist.
"Streamlining data management is on the shortlist of every enterprise IT manager, and Precision Tiering is used to both optimize resources and reduce long-term costs," said
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed