Item 2.02. RESULTS OF OPERATIONS AND FINANCIAL CONDITION On January 28, 2014 , MidSouth Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company") issued a press release regarding the Company's earnings for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 . The Company's earnings release, including financial highlights, is attached as Exhibit 99.1. The preceding information (including Exhibit 99.1) is being furnished pursuant to Item 2.02 of this Form 8-K. This information shall not be deemed "filed" for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, nor shall it be deemed incorporated by reference in any filing under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, except as shall be expressly set forth by specific reference in such filing. Item 8.01. OTHER EVENTS On January 28, 2014 , the Board of MidSouth Bancorp, Inc. announced a cash dividend was declared in the amount of eight cents ( $.08 ) per share to be paid on its common stock on April 1, 2014 to shareholders of record on March 14, 2014 . The Board also announced a cash dividend of 1.00% per preferred share was declared on its 4.00% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock. The dividend is payable on April 15, 2014 to shareholders of record on April 1, 2014 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict