The initial launch in Singapore will include the completion of its 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) enabled network-as-a-service platform, connecting organisations and cloud computing providers between major data centres in Singapore. Subsequent network development phases will see Megaport undertake the substantial rollout of a large capacity fibre optic cable network. This will support Megaport's ever expanding managed network and also provide other carriers and enterprise clients with access to cost-effective dark fibre services. While the initial investment is SG$20 million, subsequent phases will see between SG$40 and SG$50 million invested in Singapore over the next three years.
Slattery's track record and reputation with large infrastructure success for over a decade in
"I am delighted that Megaport has secured its FBO licence from the IDA as it represents a key milestone towards our vision to become the leading provider of network interconnection services in
"Megaport addresses this mismatch with its innovative and highly competitive product suite. It now will offer rapidly deployable connectivity options to major cloud and managed service providers that can be ordered and configured online - and purchased only for the duration they are required, whether it be months, weeks or even days and at a fraction of the price."
Slattery concluded: "Megaport enables your network to be complimentary to your cloud, not surplus to it."
Note: Photo available on request
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels