This morning, Marathon Petroleum (MPC) reported fourth quarter earnings of $626 million, or $2.07 per share. Excluding one-time items, the company would have earned $2.10 per share, easily topping the $1.15 per share Wall Street was expecting. The company said it achieved gross margins of $7.64 per barrel as Gulf Coast crude prices were depressed during the fourth quarter. On the news, shares of MPC were doing better than the markets today, but still lower by 0.5%. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Earn2012914&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?