Hagan Announces $300,000 Grant for Equipment at Demolition and Recycling Center in Maysville January 29, 2014 Contact: Chris Hayden 919-325-6000 Hannah Smith 202-407-5177 firstname.lastname@example.org Washington, D.C. -U.S. Senator Kay Hagan today announced a $300,000 grant awarded to Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Corporation from the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant Program. The funds provided by the USDA will be used to help purchase equipment at a new construction and demolition recycling center in Maysville . The facility is expected to create 30 jobs and help reduce the amount of construction debris that goes into local landfills. "This grant is an important investment in the Maysville community that will create jobs and improve the quality of life for all the residents in the community," Hagan said. "I am working in the Senate to make sure we continue making these job-creating investments in North Carolina's rural communities."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista