Hagan Announces $2 Million Loan for Expansion of Syfran Corporation Manufacturing Facility January 27, 2014 Contact: Chris Hayden 919-325-6000 Hannah Smith 202-407-5177 email@example.com Washington, D.C. -U.S. Senator Kay Hagan today announced a $2 million loan awarded to Edgecombe-Martin Electric Membership Corporation from the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant Program. The funds provided by the USDA will be used to help Syfran Corporation buy equipment to expand its manufacturing facility. The project is expected to create 30 jobs. "This grant is an important investment in the Edgecombe- Martin community that will create jobs and spur economic development," Hagan said. "I am working in the Senate to make sure we continue making these job-creating investments in North Carolina's rural communities." "Edgecombe-Martin County EMC is excited to work with Syfan USA Corporation to obtain a $2,000,000 Rural Economic Development Loan," said Winston Howell , Chief Operating Officer, Edgecombe-Martin County EMC. "Syfan has proven to be an outstanding member of the Cooperative over the years and this loan will continue to help their business grow and prosper. We look forward to the new jobs that this expansion will bring to our area, and we will continue to work with new and existing businesses to foster growth and stability in the region."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?