Hagan Announces $2 Million Loan for Expansion of Syfran Corporation Manufacturing Facility January 27, 2014 Contact: Chris Hayden 919-325-6000 Hannah Smith 202-407-5177 firstname.lastname@example.org Washington, D.C. -U.S. Senator Kay Hagan today announced a $2 million loan awarded to Edgecombe-Martin Electric Membership Corporation from the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant Program. The funds provided by the USDA will be used to help Syfran Corporation buy equipment to expand its manufacturing facility. The project is expected to create 30 jobs. "This grant is an important investment in the Edgecombe- Martin community that will create jobs and spur economic development," Hagan said. "I am working in the Senate to make sure we continue making these job-creating investments in North Carolina's rural communities." "Edgecombe-Martin County EMC is excited to work with Syfan USA Corporation to obtain a $2,000,000 Rural Economic Development Loan," said Winston Howell , Chief Operating Officer, Edgecombe-Martin County EMC. "Syfan has proven to be an outstanding member of the Cooperative over the years and this loan will continue to help their business grow and prosper. We look forward to the new jobs that this expansion will bring to our area, and we will continue to work with new and existing businesses to foster growth and stability in the region."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter