Chairman of the Parliament's Fiscal Committee David Onoprishvili supposes that lari rate will be within 1.7-1.8 GEL/USD this year. In 2014, those causing lari rate change factors will be excluded – New Year days are ended, while infrastructural projects will be financed from the budget according to months, Onoprishvili told "Sarke". The committee chairman explained that in 2013, implementation of infrastructural projects started in the second half of the year and there was pressure on lari, while in December, there were high expenses due to New Year preparation and extra demand appeared on imported production that increased disproportion between lari and the US dollar. "Another factor was that in 2013, those business companies have left Georgia , which considered that continuation of activities in the country was not safe", Onoprishvili noted and added: "This has caused certain disproportion between dollar and lari, so pressure has appeared on the rate." "Nobody tries to fix the rate today, because this process should be regulated by the market", Onoprishvili declared. If inflation increases, causing growth of prices, than National Bank of Georgia will interfere and apply pressure on inflation, he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation