GAAP net income was
Excluding the impact of stock-based compensation and amortization of purchased intangible assets, non-GAAP net income was
A reconciliation of GAAP net income to non-GAAP net income is included on the attached Consolidated Statements of Operations.
"During the first quarter, increasing demand for the new hardware and software products we introduced in fiscal 2013 continued to drive product revenue, which increased 3 percent from the prior quarter and 7 percent year over year," said
"In addition to delivering a broad array of new products and solutions, we have continued to partner with industry leaders to ensure that our products complement theirs to optimize the security, performance and availability of applications. During the November rollout of our new Synthesis framework for software-defined application services, we highlighted a number of partnerships with the leading developers of software-defined networking technology (SDN). As SDN begins to gain traction, we believe these partnerships will open up new and expanding market opportunities for our products.
"Reflecting our confidence in the company's near-term prospects and our determination to continue investing in our long-term growth, we added another 165 employees during the first quarter of fiscal 2014. We remain confident that the momentum we saw in the last two quarters will continue through the current quarter and into the back half of the year.
"For the current quarter, ending
Keywords for this news article include: Software,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions