TORONTO _ Canadian fans of the hit historical drama "Downton Abbey" will be able to see the styles of their beloved characters up close at an upcoming exhibit. Twenty costumes featured on the award-winning British series will be on display at the Spadina Museum in Toronto from March 11 to April 13 . The exhibition marks the Canadian premiere of "Dressing for Downton: Costumes from Downton Abbey." The costumes from the first three seasons of the series have been borrowed from London -based costume house Cosprop, Ltd. , which designs and creates clothing worn by the cast. Nine of the costumes will have accompanying hats, including Lady Sybil's nurse's scarf, Lady Cora's wide-brimmed picture hat and the cloche Lady Mary wore with her pregnancy suit. In addition to showcasing the costumes, the exhibition will feature photographs from the series, as well as "Downton Abbey"-themed tours and teas. With its rich range of embroidered frocks and jackets, beaded numbers, drop-waist dresses, cloches and wide-brimmed hats, "Downton" has helped bring early 20th century fashions back to the forefront. The Spadina Museum is billed as the only museum in Toronto to represent the '20s and '30s. The tour will take visitors through the museum's family and servants' spaces, linking the characters from "Downton" to real Toronto history. As of Feb. 3 , timed tickets will be available for purchase online at https://spadinamuseum.streamintickets.com/ . Ticket options include the exhibit and tour or exhibit, tea and tour. The Spadina Museum is open from Tuesdays to Sundays. Season 4 of "Downton Abbey" is currently airing Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on PBS . In Canada , the series also airs on Vision TV Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET , with the fourth season set to start on April 10 . ___ Online: http://www.toronto.ca/spadina
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide