TOKYO , Jan. 30 -- ( Kyodo ) _ Daihatsu Motor Co. said Thursday its group sales in the April-December period expanded 7.9 percent from a year before to a record 1.35 trillion yen , thanks to the yen's fall and brisk demand in Japan and Southeast Asia . Its operating profit for the first nine months of fiscal 2013 rose 2.7 percent to a record 96.00 billion yen while its group net profit fell 10.0 percent to 51.24 billion yen . The compact car-making subsidiary of Toyota attributed the robust sales to strong demand of its Tanto minivehicle in Japan as well as rosy performances in Indonesia and Malaysia . The company kept intact its full-year group net profit outlook at 80 billion yen , down 1.7 percent from the previous year, when the company logged a record net profit thanks to a system of government subsidies for purchases of eco-friendly vehicles that remained in place until September 2012 . Its sales are projected to grow 4.8 percent to 1.85 trillion yen .
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna