HOUSEBUILDER Crest Nicholson has reported a 40% rise in pre-tax profits to pound(s)86.8 million in the year it returned to the stock market. It completed the sale of 2172 houses in the 12 months to October 31 last year, an improvement of 15% on the previous financial year. The company, which was once taken private by Sir Tom Hunter and Bank of Scotland , took almost 600 reservations under the 'Help to Buy' scheme. The improved confidence around the housing market also helped to boost its outlook. Shares closed up 2.8p, or 1%, at 355p.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Sina Loses License Over Porn