Nickles began with the City in 1983 as a programmer analyst and became a GIS application developer in 1995 and database administrator in 2000 before being appointed a division manager in 2005.
Since retiring from the City in 2012, Nickles has provided IT project management consulting services for projects such as infrastructure upgrades, enterprise rollouts, software integration and application development services for Web-based systems and database design.
The City will conduct a national search for Jones' full-time replacement.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property