SHANGHAI , January 29 , SinoCast -- China's steelmaking industry profited CNY 258.8 billion in 2013, up 28.9% year on year. In detail, ferrous metal mining and dressing profited CNY 105 billion and steel metallurgy and processing profited CNY 130.5 billion , up 1.8% and 60% year on year, according to the National Development and Reform Commission . Nationwide crude steel output was 779.04 million tons, up 7.5%; steel product output was 1.07 billion tons, up 11.4%; coke output was 476.36 million tons, up 8.1%; iron alloy output was 37.76 million tons, up 14.7%. Data show that iron sand imports were 819.41 million tons, up 10.2%; steel product exports and imports were 62.34 million and 14.08 million tons, up 11.9% and 3.1%; coke exports were 4.67 million tons, up 3600%.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South