Jan. 29 -- RF Micro Devices Inc. reported Tuesday having $6.2 million in net income for its third quarter of fiscal 2014, which ended Dec. 28 . By comparison, the Greensboro chipmaker had a loss of $1.4 million a year ago' Revenue was up 6.4 percent to $288.5 million . The company projects revenue in a range of $250 million to $260 million in its fourth quarter. "While the launch of marquee smartphones and tablets is weighted toward the back half of this calendar year, our visibility into design win activity gives us confidence in delivering double-digit revenue growth, gross margin of greater than 40 percent, expanding operating margin, and significant earnings per share growth," Bob Bruggeworth , RF Micro's president and chief executive, said in a statement. ___ (c)2014 Winston-Salem Journal (Winston Salem, N.C.) Visit Winston-Salem Journal (Winston Salem, N.C.) at www2.journalnow.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?