Jan. 29 -- Tulsa -based coal producer Alliance Resource Partners LP set records in sales, volume, revenue and profit during 2013, the company reported Tuesday. Revenues climbed 8.4 percent to an all-time high of $2.2 billion , while net income rose 17 percent to a best-ever $393.5 million . Alliance also set records for coal sales and production both at 38.8 million tons. "For the 13th consecutive year, ARLP posted record results and set new annual benchmarks in 2013 for our major operating and financial measures," Alliance CEO Joseph Craft stated in the earnings release. "Looking ahead, market dynamics continue to favor the Illinois Basin and Northern Appalachia coal markets and we remain encouraged that our strategy of expanding ARLP's presence as a low-cost operator in these regions will create growth opportunities in the future." Fourth-quarter net income increased 3 percent over the last three months of 2012 to $99.3 million . The board of directors for Alliance's managing general partner approved a quarterly cash distribution of $1.1975 per unit, payable Feb. 14 to unitholders of record at the close of trading Feb 7 . Alliance Resource Partners , through its subsidiaries, owns and operates coal mines in Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland and West Virginia . The company is the third-largest coal operator in the U.S., according to its report. Craft said the outlook for 2014 pointed to another record year. Nearly 90 percent of Alliance's anticipated coal volumes already are priced and committed to customers, he noted. Alliance expects that coal volumes will exceed 39 million tons, including added production from the Tunnel Ridge mine under land in West Virginia and Pennsylvania . Rod Walton 918-581-8457 firstname.lastname@example.org Alliance Resource Partners LP earnings 2013 4Q 2012 4Q 2013 Full year 2012 Full year Revenue $566.7M $549.4M $2.2B $2.0B Net income $99.3M $96.6M $393.5M $335.6 Net per unit $1.85 $1.87 $7.26 $6,12 ___ (c)2014 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?