Landis+Gyr has released version 6.1 of its operating software,
Landis+Gyr claims the Ipv6 gateway offers greater interaction with utility IP-based tools for communicating with network devices, exporting meter data and simple network management protocol monitoring. The gateway comes under a standards-based architecture initiative to let the use of IPv6 applications in legacy smart grid systems and improve Gridstream functionality with grid management equipment partners.
Security improvements comprise new password management options and new settings for advanced security related to the expiration and reconfiguration of encryption keys.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs