Samsung also paves the way for deeper collaboration on research and development for Samsung and
Samsung is the world's largest maker of popular consumer electronics like smartphones and televisions, and key tech components like memory chips for mobile phones and PCs.
Tech companies often use litigation to stop rivals from using patents without permission but many of the disputes end in cross-licensing agreements outside court.
Samsung is in legal fights with Apple. CEOs of Samsung and Apple will meet next month to give a try at settlement per U.S. court's request.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction