TORONTO , Jan. 28, 2014 /CNW/ - Canada's performing arts community gets a chance to glimpse its future as Staging Sustainability 2014 , an international conference on all aspects of performance and innovation, explores new ways of doing business. International and Canadian arts leaders meet February 3-4, 2014 , at The Theatre Centre and 99 Sudbury in downtown Toronto . They'll explore new ideas on how we produce and present the performing arts, with a focus on creating sustainable approaches that contribute to a sustainable planet. "In the arts, sustainability equals survival, and it's not just about going green," says conference organizer Adele Dobkowski , Executive Director of ArtsBuild Ontario. "It's about saving money and how to access new money. It's about fostering people-positive companies, discovering new ways to make and tech shows, and new ways to operate so that arts organizations can thrive." ArtsBuild Ontario presents Staging Sustainability 2014 in partnership with York University's Center for Sustainable Staging . Visit www.stagingsustainability.ca . SOURCE ArtsBuild Ontario
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista