Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Pathology Services
Classification Code: B - Special studies and analysis - not R&D
Solicitation Number: FDA1128423
MARKET RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OR SOLICITATION This is a sources sought to determine the availability and capability of small businesses to provide on-site pathology services. The associated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is- 541990 All Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; Small Business Size Standard is
Part I: General Information
Historical Information: On-site pathology services for the animal studies performed at NCTR have been obtained through contracts since the Center's inception in 1972, and most currently by
Part II: Work Requirements Summary Brief Scope: NCTR requires on-site pathology services, for a base period plus up to four (4) 1-year option periods, on various animals in, but not limited to, the following areas: 1) necropsy and gross pathology; 2) histology; 3) pathologist services; 4) clinical chemistry; 5) immunohistochemistry and special procedures; 6) molecular pathology; 7) digital imaging; 8) data management; 9) archive management (wet tissue and block/slide); 10) quality assurance; 11) quality control; and 12) administrative services and management. The Contractor shall conduct the pathology services on each study to the requirements/parameters established by the NCTR Principal Investigators (PIs). The Contractor shall work closely with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and PI to plan, implement, perform, report and archive the research protocols. Planning includes, but is not limited to, developing cost estimates, schedules, and work plans to be performed for each study. Research protocols written by the PIs will determine the pathology support requirements, which may range from necropsy and collection of a few tissues of only a small number of animals to complete necropsy (collection of =44 tissues) of over a thousand animals requiring special handling of tissues, histopathology, special staining or other techniques (immunohistochemistry, digital imaging, etc.), hematology, urinalysis, and/or clinical chemistry. Other requested techniques may include, but are not limited to, teratology techniques, respiratory pathology techniques (inhalation toxicology studies), sperm morphology and motility analysis, vaginal cytology, vaginal smears for sperm evaluations, and mammary whole mounts.
Estimated Period of Performance:
Place of Performance:
U.S. Food and
Part III: Instructions to Prospective Respondents
Responses to this sources sought shall unequivocally demonstrate that respondent has the capability, staff (ability to recruit and maintain), experience, property management processes, and accounting system to perform the services under any type of contract. Though the target audience is small businesses, all interested parties may respond. At a minimum, responses shall include the following:
* Business name and bio, DUNS number, business address, business website, business size status (i.e., SB, VOSB, SDVOSB, HUBZone SB, 8(a), SDB, WOSB, EDWOSB, LB), point of contact name, mailing address (if different from business address), phone number and email address;
* Three (3) years of past performance information for the service of same or substantially similar projects to include date of services, description, dollar value, contract type (e.g., fixed-price, cost reimbursement, time-and-materials, labor hours, etc.), details demonstrating ability to recruit, retain, and fairly compensate suitable professional employees as defined in 29 CFR 541,client name, client address, client point of contact name, client point of contact mailing address (if different from that provided for client), client point of contact phone number, client point of contact email address;
* Evidence that accounting system has been determined adequate for determining costs applicable to a cost reimbursement contract or otherwise suitable for a time-and-materials or labor-hour arrangement;
* Descriptive literature, brochures, specifications, marketing material, etc. detailing the nature of the services the responding firm is regularly engaged in providing;
* If applicable, identification of the firm's GSA Schedule contract(s) by Schedule number and SINs that are applicable to this requirement;
* If a large business, identify the subcontracting opportunities that would exist for small business concerns;
* Although this is not a request for quote, informational pricing can be provided;
* The Government encourages any comments and/or suggestions from any interested party, regarding the specifications. While the Government will not respond directly to your comments and/or suggestions; we will consider them as we finalize the specifications in preparation for the forthcoming solicitation.
The Government is not responsible for locating or securing any information, not identified in the response.
Interested Parties must respond with capability statements which are due in person, by postal mail or email to the point of contact listed below on or before
Notice of Intent Responses to this sources sought announcement will assist the Government in determining whether the acquisition approach, ie, small business set-aside, 8(a) set-aside, full and option competition, etc.
Disclaimer and Important Notes This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, a solicitation may be published via FedBizOpps. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s).
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset