Some 57 domestic sugar mills have shown interest to offload their commodity stocks with state run grain trader. Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP) on Friday conducted sugar tender for procurement of 92,000 tons of sugar from domestic mills, source said to research analyst-PAGE. In response to TCP tender, some 57 domestic mills have submitted their bids. All mills have submitted bids for different quantities and rates ranging from Rs 49,499 / to Rs 55,000 / per metric ton (including taxes). Hamza Sugar Mill has submitted lowest bid of Rs 49,499 per ton (including taxes) for quantity of 5,000 tons. However, so far no bid has been accepted as the evaluation of received bids is under process, after which, the price evaluation / tender award committee will award the contract, source added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign