TACOMA, Wash. , Jan. 27 -- The city of Tacoma issued the following news release: The Tacoma Arts Commission recently awarded $50,000 in 2014 Arts Projects funding to 19 Tacoma organizations in support of public outreach projects in the fields of music, dance, theater, literary, film, urban, visual arts and cultural arts. The awards ranged in value from $1,000 to $4,000 . "The breadth and quality of grassroots arts programing in Tacoma is consistently impressive," said Tacoma Arts Commission Chair Traci Kelly . "The range of community-based programs reflects our diverse neighborhoods and interests. We are proud to support this outstanding group of organizations." Funded projects include the production of five diverse cultural and arts festivals, visual art programs for families, urban art classes for youth, contemporary and multidisciplinary dance events, a variety of music performances, an international film series, poetry readings and workshops, arts components to a national conference and a community-wide guerilla art project. Funded organizations include the Asia Pacific Cultural Center , Children's Museum of Tacoma , DASH Center for the Arts , Fab-5, Fort Nisqually Foundation , King's Bookstore, Local Life, Metropolitan Glass, MLKBallet, Northwest Repertory Singers , Old Town Business and Professional Association , Puget Sound Poetry Connection, Second City Chamber Series, Sister City Council of Tacoma , Tacoma Concert Band , Tacoma Maritime Fest, the BareFoot Collective, University of Puget Sound , and the Washington State Historical Society . The Arts Projects funding program supports high quality community projects with a strong focus on arts that are accessible and affordable to the public. Twenty-three Arts Projects applications were submitted to the Tacoma Arts Commission with requests totaling $92,400 . Arts Projects is one of three funding programs administered by the Tacoma Arts Commission . For a complete listing of funding programs and information about the Tacoma Arts Commission , visit cityoftacoma.org/arts . CC AutoTriage6yd-140128-30VitinMar-4615389
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?