Kyrgyzstan took the 99th place out of 190 countries in the e-Government Studies, Social Development Specialist at the World Bank Jennifer Shkabatur said on January 28 during a video-conference. Previously, Kyrgyzstan held the 91st place. Like in other countries of Central Asia , information and communications technologies in Kyrgyzstan are mainly used in the framework of e-government, the World Bank Specialist noticed. Government portal offers some limited opportunities for citizen participation, mainly in discussion of new laws. Online forms for complaints and queries are very popular among the population of Kyrgyzstan , she added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?