The value of total investments (local and foreign) declared in Algeria jumped 110% to DZD 1 .716tn ( USD 22.5bn ) in 2013, the state news agency APS reported citing a statement by the National Agency of Investment Development (ANDI). The investments declared in 2013 increased sharply in terms of value, projects and jobs created, according to ANDI. The number of projects announced grew 15% to 8,895 last year and will generate 149,000 new jobs, up 63%. The value of investment projects declared with foreign partners reached DZD 332bn ( USD 4.5bn ) and will help create 17,082 new jobs, ANDI said. Around 26 foreign countries announced new investment projects in Algeria in 2013 up from 8 the previous year. The bulk of those projects are in the industrial sector including metallurgy, electrical, electronics and mechanical industries. The industrial sector lured 63% of total investment inflows in 2013, followed by the construction and public works sector at 11%. Nearly 67% of the investments declared last year were concentrated in Northern Algeria , ANDI noted.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11